- Identifying long-term solutions and carrying them out to ensure sufficient capacity to treat wastewater in keeping with human pressure.
- Reducing plastics in the sea and on the coast.
- Improving boats’ practices as regards emptying black water tanks.
- The islands should not have single-use plastic bags or bottles.
- Wastewater treatment infrastructure should prevent heavy metals and other industrial substances from reaching the sea.
- Key public institutions and economic sectors should adopt the principles of “zero waste” and good practices.