- Recreational fishing should continue to form part of the Balearic Islands’ identity, but better regulated and with greater awareness and application of the regulations.
- Eradicating illegal sale of produce from recreational fishing to restaurants.
- Improving the quantity and quality of the information available.
- Recreational fishermen actively involved in preserving the marine environment (e.g. gathering data, fees to help manage and apply the regulations).
- Poaching should be eradicated and eventually be seen as socially unacceptable in the Balearic Islands. Recreational fishermen who comply with the regulations distancing themselves publicly from poachers and from restaurants that have dealings with them.
- Applying the regulations and monitoring them effectively. Public inspectors stepping up surveillance of boats and restaurants.